Women of the Industry Met on March 8
The Elevator And Escalator Industry Business Women Association (AYSKAD) organized a panel, supported by Arkel Elektronik, focused on “The Importance of the Women Workforce in Sustainable Development of the Lift Industry” on March 8, International Women’s Day, at The Green Park Pendik Hotel & Convention Center.
The panel, attended by the women members of the industry, began with a video screening in commemoration of the women who lost their lives during their struggle for winning the rights and value they deserved. Following the video, the panelists, moderated by AYSKAD President Yasemin Bulut, addressed the importance and the difficulties of women in the workforce within the sector.
The panelists and the topics of their speeches were as follows:
- Attainment of Women Workforce to the Sector
- EL-SA Asansör Electrical and Electronical Engineer Demirkaplan
- Problems of the Women working in the Field, Management and Supervision
- Stimek Asansör Elevator Car Manufacturing Expert Sevim Gagi
- ARTLİFT Asansör General Manager Özlem Altunkaya
- MMO İstanbul Branch Women Committee Member Mechanical Engineer Mehtap Öncel
- Importance of Vocational Education for Sustainable Development
- Bülent Ecevit University Alaplı Vocational School Architecture and Urban Planning Department Head Burçin Şolt
- Importance of Women NGOs for Social Development
- The Women Entrepreneurs Association of Turkey (KAGIDER) Associate Board Member Güzin İlker
- The Integrity of Women’s Soul, Mind and Body in Life
- D-KARE Belgelendirme General Manager and Personal Development Expert Selcan Görmüş
- A pair of pearl earrings was presented to the participants during the event organized by Arkel Elektronik under the theme, “Women, The Pearls of Life,” while the first anniversary of AYSKAD was celebrated.